Jack Russell live with Great White on July 11, 2008 at the Moondance Jam
|Born||December 5, 1960 (age 59)|
|Origin||Montebello, California, U.S.|
|Genres||Hard rock, heavy metal, glam metal|
|Occupation(s)||Lead singer, musician, songwriter, record producer|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, drums, percussion, harmonica, keyboard|
|Associated acts||Great White|
Jack Russell (born December 5, 1960), is an American rockvocalist. He is a founding member of the American hard rock band Great White.
Russell was born in Montebello, California. He grew up with influences such as Robert Plant and Steven Tyler, and became a vocalist for many bands in high school and later on. He met Mark Kendall in a concert and began plans to form a band called Dante Fox. Band manager Alan Niven and Kendall decided to change the name of the band to Great White because 'that was Mark Kendall’s nickname. He had very white hair and very light complexion. They called him The Great White'. Russell's ancestry is English, Irish and Native American.
12 Nov 2016 - Explore marilyn1868's board 'Long haired jack russell' on Pinterest. See more ideas about Jack russell dogs, Dogs and I love dogs.
- Search for adoptable pets at shelters and rescues, and adopt your new Jack Russell Terrier.
- Mar 16, 2018 One of the traits inherited by Jack Russell Terrier mix breeds from their parent breed, is their energetic nature. In this article, we discuss the characteristics of mix breeds, which result from breeding Jack Russell Terriers with Boston Terrier, Basset Hound, Yorkshire Terrier, Cocker Spaniel, etc.
- Jack Russell Terrier Black & White w/Smooth Coat Ginger Bread House Ornament Description The Jack Russell Terrier or Parson Russell Terrier was named after the founder Parson John?Jack? Russell in the early 19th century. The AKC does not list a Jack Russell Terrier, only the Parson Russell Terrier, yet the National Club is still called the Jack Russell Terrier Club with a branch.
- The Jackshund is a cross of the Dachshund and Jack Russell Terrier also known as a Dachshund/Jack Russell Terrier Mix or a JackWeenie. He is a small to medium mixed breed with talents in hunting, watchdog, guarding, tricks and racing. He has a life span of 12 to 16 years and is an energetic dog who is very loving and demonstrative but with a stubborn side.
Russell was with Great White from 1981-1996, then took 3 years off to record and release his 1st soloalbum, entitled Shelter Me, then rejoined in 1999 until the band broke up in 2001. He then tried touring solo under his own name briefly, then changed the band name to 'Jack Russell's Great White' & toured from 2002-2005 & also released a 2nd soloalbum entitled For You in 2002.
'Jack Russell's Great White' was the official name of the band that performed at The Station nightclub fire in 2003, not under the official 'Great White' moniker.
In 2006 he began touring with the official Great White band when they reformed with their classic lineup, then left the band in 2009 due to a fall in his bathroom where he cracked two vertebrae and herniated a disc. He had multiple back surgeries and was using a plethora of pain medication. Along with alcoholism, the death of good friend, Warrant singer Jani Lane, propelled him to get help and become sober.
On March 25, 2011, Russell married his girlfriend Heather Ann Kramer.
Fully recovered, he started touring again as 'Jack Russell's Great White' in December 2011 to avoid confusion with the still-touring official Great White band which had continued onward in 2009 with a different singer following Russell's departure.
In 2012 Russell guest starred on VH1 Classics 'That Metal Show', where he revealed his side of the Great White story, and how he was feeling well and ready for more.
Jack Russell Black And Tan
- The Station nightclub fire - Jack Russell's Great White performance in West Warwick, Rhode Island where a fire broke out and 100 people died.
- ^Miller, Derric (March 9, 2012). 'Great White vs. Jack Russell'. Hard Rock Haven. Retrieved August 29, 2015.
- ^Abruzzini, Krishta (May 28, 2015). 'Michael Lardie of Great White on the split with Jack Russell; 'It was many, many years, and many things''. Metal Sludge. Retrieved August 29, 2015.
- Jack Russell Interview. Great White's return to Europe after 8 years. Feb 12, 2008